Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just What the Doctor Ordered!

As it turns out, a weekend of relaxation is just what the doctor ordered!  After work Friday, I headed to a campsite (Red Bluff) in Davisville, Missouri for a weekend of fun with some friends!  About half of the drive was interstate and the rest was rural and curvy roads.  It's definitely been a while since I've driven a substantial distance on those kind of roads...I can't handle the curves quite like I used to.  I grew up in the country and used to drive roads like that all the time!

One of my friends and his wife have a camper...kind of nice because you still have a few amenities.  I camped in my tent.  There were a couple of other people so we had a total of three tents and the camper.  After a slight mishap, they had to shut the water to camper off so we really were "roughing it".  The weather was awesome!  It was warm enough to go swimming during the day and cool enough at night to sleep in pants and under a fleece blanket!  There were a total of three kids with us... a 3 year old, 2 year old and an 8 month old baby.  They were so cute and fun...I heart these kids.  Seriously!  Especially since I don't have any nieces or nephews or small cousins.

It was dark Friday night by the time we made it to the campsite, so we set up in the dark.  Thank goodness for headlights and flashlights!  Saturday we went swimming in the river all day...I got pretty burnt (as usual).  My poor pale skin!  We played "Five Crowns"...it's a number game that has a special deck of cards.  And the food was awesome...they always cook great meals! 

Some of you may be wondering what I did with the dogs.  My mom graciously agreed to watch them for the weekend.  A big thank you to her, especially since they weren't on they're best behavior!  Now that I'm home and unpacked, I hear a hot shower calling my name!

No comments: