Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Best Couponing Tips

I love to coupon...I think it's the thrill of the deal!  But, I do NOT clear any shelves!  I try to leave some for the next person.  With that being said, here's some of my best tips:

  1. I tried the coupon binder (complete with baseball card inserts), but found I couldn't keep up with it.  My personal system is a big (3 inches), plain binder that I keep clear sheet protectors in.  When I get the St. Louis Post Dispatch every weekend (I get Sunday delivery only), I take out all the coupon inserts.  I label them with a Sharpie by the date and place them whole, in date order in the binder.  Every insert gets a sheet protector.  This way everything is clearly visible and organized.
  2. For Missouri couponers, this is an awesome site:  Clipping with Carie.  She lives in the St. Louis area and posts deals for everywhere.  She has grocery store match-ups every week.  She also includes match-ups for Target, Walgreens, and CVS. 
  3. Wild for Wags is a good website for all deals involving Walgreens.  I like the deals I get at Walgreens (cheap TP, deodorant, shampoo, and toothpaste), but I have learned a few tips along the way.  If something is free, you need to get there early.  Luckily I live by several Walgreens that are not open 24 hours a day.  If I want a Walgreens deal, I try to get there when they open on Sunday.
  4. Totally Target is another good site for all the Target deals.  You can get good deals here because you can use a Target coupon and a manufacturer coupon per item.  I get most of my Target coupons on Target's website, but they also randomly mail you some.  Sometimes, they're included in the weekly inserts.
  5. When I'm ready to shop or need something, I look for a coupon.  Carie's coupon database is awesome to search for coupons.  It will tell you what inserts they were in and if they're available online. 
  6. Another good deal is when Shop 'N Save does coupon Thursday.  With this promotion, if you spend  $50, the register automatically takes $10 off.  It does get crazy when this promotion happens, so go early!

I'm linking up with Kelly's SUYL

No comments: