Sunday, September 23, 2012

New Front Door & Fall Wreath

During the grueling, hot summer, my wooden front door warped and was no longer functional.  I've wanted to paint the door for a long time, but getting a new door had never crossed my mind.  Funny how those home repairs pop up unexpectedly!  So to Lowes, I went.  I found a beautiful door that was actually on clearance and in my price range.  It only came in white, which meant I had to paint my new door.  I chose a teal color from Lowes.  I followed this tutorial with the one exception of adding Floetrol to my paint to reduce brush strokes.  It turned out better than I had expected.  Without further ado, here she is:
 
While I would love to only have the main door, it isn't feasible with my dogs.  So, the next step is to get a full glass (with a screen) storm door.  It will show off my new door a lot more!  Here's a current shot with the storm door.  Hey, it's progress!
 
 
 
 
In addition to the front door, I also made a new fall wreath.  I love the colors together!  I cannot take credit for the idea behind the wreath, I followed this tutorial .
 




 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your front door, can you tell me the color teal you used.