Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halloween Wreath

Sorry I've been MIA but I have done some crafting!  Here's a Halloween wreath that I made recently!  And the best part is that I can easily remove the orange and black flowers and put new embellishments on it.  Without further ado, here's the beauty:


Supplies Needed:
  • 1.5 yards light tan burlap
  • 3/4 yard black burlap (more if you want more flowers)
  • 3/4 yard orange burlap (more if you want more flowers)
  • Wreath form
  • Hot Glue
  • T pins

I kept the plastic on the wreath to keep the mess down.  First, cut the tan burlap into 2" strips.  To cut a straight line, follow these steps:


This leaves a straight line, just cut with scissors.  Next, I began to wrap the wreath with the burlap strips.  I've seen some blogs where hot glue is used to secure the ends.  I was worried about the hot glue melting the plastic, so I used T-pins to secure the ends to the back of the wreath. 
I cut the black and orange burlap into 1.5" strips using the same method as before.  I made the rosettes of varying lengths of burlap (2 per strip and the shortest length I used was 15").  Craftaholics anonymous has a great tutorial on making burlap roses!

I played around with the arrangement before I decided on one I liked!  And the most exciting part is that I will just replace the flowers after Halloween for a fall wreath!!

I got my inspiration/guidance from these two sites:
The colors from Just Sew Sassy and the re-usable wreath idea from Craftaholics Anonymous.


Linking up with
HookingupwithHoH

No comments: